One day a trainer of mine asked me why am I always happy and smiling. I’m not sure if she really wanted an answer but I decided it was worth a response. I am very pro positive thinking. I believe it can change your actions, habits and eventually results.
Am I really happy? The answer is YES! Now don’t get me wrong, we all have bad days. However, I would say I am overall happy in my life. There are a few reasons that help encourage my own happiness.
1. I understand the power of thought. I believe if you think positive you will yield, in the end, positive results. However, I believe the same is true for negative thoughts. Thus, the reason I try to always think of the positive in any situation.
2. I surround myself with positive people. Not saying they don’t have bad days but their overall outlook on life is positive. Thus makes them relatively happy people and no Debbie Downers! The people you surround yourself with can influence your life. I would rather have positive influence than negative in my life. It’s easy for a negative person to help negatively influence how you feel about your life. I’m sure you have heard the expression “misery loves company”, well it’s true. Now I’m not saying don’t be there for your friends when they are down, you most definitely should. There is a difference from having a bad/down/horrible day and having a miserable outlook on life. I’m sure we all know people like that, I just don’t have them in my inner circle.
3. Every morning I give myself a pep talk. That’s right, every morning I look at myself in the mirror and tell myself I am a Goddess, I am worthy and I am beautiful. It helps start my day off right before any negative energy can influence me. Some might say it’s silly, I say it works. So whatever you have to do for yourself, do what’s best for you to start your day off right.
4. I eat breakfast. I fuel my body so I can have a clear mind. Most days I wake up and I’m not really hungry so I might grab some fruit, cereal or yogurt. As long as my body is fueled up, it helps start my day off right.
I hope you all understand the importance of positive thinking. Try to think positive for an entire day and see if you feel any different!
– See more at: http://pushgoddess.com/positive-thinking-powerful/?v=920f83e594a1#sthash.tKAC9lJ5.dpuf